Blackheads are an unsightly problem that can really affect your confidence. They are caused by an excess build up of Sebum, or natural skin oils, which oxidise in the air and turn the dark colour of blackheads that we all know and, well, don’t love.
Blackheads aren’t caused by dirty skin, contrary to popular belief, and they can’t be removed by by harsh scrubbing or even by a really great skin regime. That being said, a really great skin regime that includes one of the products below is bound to make a difference and prevent them from reoccurring!
Blackheads don’t adversely affect health, but they can make you feel self conscious and unhappy with your appearance, and as we all know, being miserable with your appearance can make the rest of life feel pretty uncomfortable.
You are out and about, chatting to people or going through your daily work life, and all you can think is “are people staring at my blackheads?”
Using a great blackhead remover can get rid of all these woes for you, so you may be looking for the best blackhead remover to make your life happier. The good news is that we have found a selection of great blackhead removers that you can use to clear up your blackheads once and for all!
When you’re searching for the best blackhead remover you want something that will work, will not cost the earth, and preferably not be filled with a cocktail of horrifying chemicals. The great news is that you can find a fantastic blackhead remover that ticks all these boxes, and find yourself with clear, blemish free skin in no time.
The Best Blackhead Remover Reviews
So let’s have a look at a few of the best products we have picked out from those available to buy online in the UK, and see which one might suit you the best:
1. Voyor Blackhead Remover Vacuum Facial Pore Cleaner
Forget pore strips, things you smear on your face or rub into your skin – this is a truly revolutionary device that will quite literally suck the blackheads right out of your skin!
What we like about it:
- Four separate heads included – There are different heads for different applications; making it suitable for more and less sensitive areas.
- Adjustable strength display – You won’t have to worry about sucking too hard on your sensitive areas, as the indicator light will let you know how powerful the suction is.
- Great for blackheads as well as other skin issues – This clever device will not only clear your blackheads but is also great at increasing the blood supply and skin elasticity, leaving it smoother and more radiant.
2. Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum
This is a super snazzy gadget which is guaranteed to remove your blackheads and even improve your overall skin tone as it will remove dead cells.
What we like about it:
- Safe and effective – Although the thought of applying a vacuum to your skin my sound a little terrifying, this device will do the job and also be gentle on your skin.
- Four different levels of suction- It is important to have a variety of strengths when using a product like this on your face, as there are some areas which are more sensitive.
- Rechargeable and easily portable – You only need to charge this vacuum for 90 minutes to get 180 minutes of use out of it, and It is also slim and light enough to carry around in a bag.
3. Eunon Blackhead Remover Pore Vacuum
This is a great little facial vacuum, with a few in built safety features that we like. It’s great for three different levels of cleaning – makeup residue, acne or blackheads.
What we like about it:
- Advanced diamond microdermabrasion therapy – This is the sort of thing you would pay through the nose for at a fancy spa, and now you can do it yourself in the comfort of your own home!
- Four different blackhead probes – This one really gets down to the nitty gritty of your blackhead problems, with unique probes designed for the noses and other areas f the face.
- Excellent for all round skin improvement – Having a tool that will not only remove blackheads and blemishes, but also improve the condition of your skin in general is an invaluable tool.
4. Bestope Blackhead Remover 6pcs
For those who like the manual methods of removing blackheads rather than the vacuums, this kit is for you. It contains everything you need for a thorough skin work out, and it comes nicely packaged in a metal case so you don’t have to worry about losing anything.
What we like about it:
- 6 different tools for different jobs – As we all know, the best blackhead remover is very rarely a one step process, and this kit contains all the tools you need to deal with just about any skin issue you can think of.
- 100% stainless steel construction – Stainless steel is not only very strong and durable, but it is easy to clean and maintain too.
- Ergonomic design for comfortable use – All the tools in this kit are designed to fit snugly in your hand and be easy to use.
5. Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
This is the perfect product for those who don’t like the idea of a skin vacuum, or those who don’t enjoy picking at spots or blackheads.
What we like about it:
- Very easy to use – All you need to do is stick one of the sheets to your nose, wait for 10-15 minutes then peel off. It’s that simple!
- Natural ingredients to nourish the skin – This product contains Witch Hazel, which is a known friend to the skin, and Tea Tree oil, which is a great natural antiseptic.
- Highly effective at blackhead removal – You need to know that any product you buy to get rid of blackheads is actually going to work, and this one gets right down into the skin for long lasting effects.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best home made blackhead remover?
Blackheads can be tricky, and although many shop bought blackhead removers work effectively, you might wish to try a home remedy or two if you haven’t yet found one that works for you:
Baking soda and honey:
- Mix 2 tbsp baking soda with 2 tbsp honey.
- Apply the mixture to your face using a brush.
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes, then rinse off. You can use this mask once a week; don’t do it any more often though as baking soda can be tough on the skin.
- Mix the bentonite clay with water until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply it to your face, or just the problem areas.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, until the clay is dry.
- Remove the clay using a damp cloth, then rinse the face thoroughly.
Bentonite clay will remove blackheads as well as unclogging your pores, and can also reduce the appearance of acne scars and inflammation.
Oats, honey and lemon:
- Mix 2 tbsp oatmeal with 1 tbsp yoghurt until the oats have softened, then add 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Apply the mask to your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, and because it is so gentle you can use this mask a couple of times a week.
The oatmeal is mildly exfoliating, so can help remove blackheads, while the yoghurt cleans the skin with lactic acid. The lemon juice is the perfect skin toner.
2. How do you get rid of a deep blackhead?
There are many ways to remove unsightly blackheads, that can linger for weeks if you just leave them. None of the following methods involve squeezing, which can damage the skin and cause more issues.
- Use a gentle cleanser. Really abrasive, skin stripping cleansers might seem like the answer, but they can actually encourage your skin to produce more oils, which is what causes blackheads in the first place.
- Try an extractor tool. If you’ve ever had your face professionally “done” you will know what these are – they’re like very thin, curved tweezers, and they’re very effective.
- Steam your face. To loosen the debris that is what causes a blackhead, you need to open up your pores. Try hanging your face over a basin of hot water, or laying a hot washcloth over your face for a few minutes before you try to remove the offending spot.
- Exfoliate regularly. In order to keep the skin clear, you need to removing the build up of oils and sebum that can cause blackheads – but it is recommended to use a chemical exfoliant rather than a physical scrub (think of things like salicylic acid).
- Use pore strips. This is similar to using Sellotape to remove a splinter – the suction when you remove the sticky strip should just lift away the blackhead easily and without pain or digging.
3. Do blackhead vacuums really work?
Pore vacuums work by literally sucking out the debris from a clogged pore or a blackhead. They are extremely effective at removing the unsightly look of a blackhead or several on your face, but they come with a warning – they are a temporary fix.
Yes, they’ll remove that blemish that makes you feel you can never show your face again, but if you just use the tool without a proper skincare regime then that pore will simply clog up again and you will have to continue using your new gadget for the rest of time.
You should always use the blackhead vacuum on its lowest setting, to avoid giving yourself any raised, red patches that can draw attention to your problem areas.
Steam your face before using it, to open up the pores and make sure that vacuum can be effective.
Keep to a good skincare regime on the days that you are not using the vacuum – cleanse, tone and moisturise – to ensure that your skin is as healthy as it can be.
Blackheads can be removed manually, but this can be a lengthy procedure and doesn’t always work – with the added downside of potentially damaging your skin if you pick at it too hard or don’t know what you’re doing.
A better solution is to use a product that can help get rid of blackheads that are currently breaking out on your skin, as well as help to keep them at bay in the future.