The neck and décolleté are some of the first areas to show signs of aging.
That’s because they have skin that’s more delicate than other areas and are constantly exposed to the sun and other skin-damaging elements like pollution.
For the neck, the main problem is sagging skin, usually leading to the dreaded turkey neck. For the décolleté area, age spots and fine wrinkles are common.
A firming cream can delay or reverse aging symptoms in these areas.
We compared several creams online and found five good ones from Gatineau, Clarins and other well-known brands.
But before we get to the best neck and decollete cream reviews, here’s how to make sure you choose the right cream for your needs.
What to Consider When Choosing a Neck and Décolleté Cream
Look up the full range of benefits offered by the cream. Just the label anti-aging is not enough. What exactly does the cream do to help your skin look and feel younger.
Here are some of the benefits to look for in a neck and décolleté cream.
- Moisturizing: This one is a must. Moisturization is an essential part of any skin-firming regimen. It improves skin elasticity, which firm the skin and reduces wrinkles. It also makes the skin smoother and brighter.
- Evens the skin tone: Make sure the cream has ingredients that reduce or eliminate the appearance of age spots and other uneven discolorations.
- Collagen booster: A cream with collagen-boosting ingredients works great for lifting and firming the skin. It smooths away wrinkles and reduces the appearance of sagging skin.
- Sunscreen: If you often forget to apply sunscreen to your neck and chest, look for a cream with UV protection.
As with any other skincare products, the ingredients matter a lot. Make sure the cream doesn’t have any ingredients that irritate your skin or cause some other reaction.
This is especially important if you have sensitive skin.
Also look for beneficial ingredients that moisturize, rejuvenate and firm up your skin.
Some of the best ingredients include natural oils like argan, antioxidants like vitamin C, plant-based ingredients, peptides, amino acids and moisturizers like hyaluronic acid.
Note: If you have really sensitive skin, an all-natural or organic cream is a safer bet.
c. Amount and Price
With neck creams, just a little goes a long way. So most creams come in small bottles or tubes, ranging between 40ml and 100ml.
The ideal capacity depends on your needs.
When you are comparing among different creams, be sure to check the price per 100ml (you’ll usually find it next to the price).
Tips for Using a Neck and Décolleté Cream
- Apply on clean skin. The ideal time to use it is after a shower. Exfoliating your neck and décolleté area 2-3 times a week allows the cream to go deeper into the skin for better results.
- Apply a little cream on your fingers and spread it evenly on your neck and décolleté. Massage it thoroughly into the skin to make sure it goes deep.
- Apply the cream every morning and evening after a bath (check the label or accompanying leaflet for specific usage instructions)
If you experience irritation, redness or any adverse side effects, stop using the cream immediately.
Reviews of the Best Neck and Décolleté Creams
1. TIME BOMB Trouble Shooter Neck and Jaw Cream, 45ml
If you’ve started seeing brown spots on your neck and chest and can feel some fine wrinkles, this cream will help.
It is a firming cream formulated with vitamin C and Tyrostat-11, a plant-based amino acid that reduces pigmentation. These two reduce discoloration caused by age (age spots) or sun exposure (sun spots).
It also contains hyaluronic acid, one of the most potent moisturizers. It boosts the production of collagen, increases skin elasticity and reduces wrinkling.
Other hydrating ingredients include olive oil, pea extract and abyssinian oil.
The Time Bomb cream also helps with cellulite. It contains Lanachrys, an ingredient that breaks down fatty acids.
To further firm up your skin, the cream contains Chrysanthellum Extract. It reduces the appearance of crepey and sagging skin.
The manufacturer recommends applying it daily in the morning and evening. It’ll take some time to see results so don’t give up after just a couple of days.
The biggest difference customers have noticed is a smoother neck. They also noticed fewer wrinkles and a generally younger-looking skin.
It is one of the pricier neck creams in the market. But it works for most people.
What we like about it:
- Smoothens and firms up skin to reduce aging symptoms such as wrinkles and age spots.
- Great for skin moisturization.
- Reduces cellulite.
2. Clarins Extra Firming Neck Rejuvenating Cream, 50ml
This is another premium neck cream, costing just about as much as the Time Bomb cream.
Customer feedback is mostly positive with most users saying their skin got smoother, softer, tighter and noticeably less wrinkly.
The Clarins extra firming cream contains a proprietary blend of skin-lifting and firming ingredients including Sunflower Auxins and Oat Sugars (just some plant-based stuff that’s good for your skin).
The cream does several things to turn back the years on your skin.
Moisturizing ingredients including green seaweed extract hydrate the skin, giving it a firm and smooth feel.
Rejuvenating ingredients increase the amount of collagen produced by the skin. This firms up the skin, makes it plumper and reduces wrinkles.
They also even out the skin tone and give the skin a youthful glow.
One unique addition you won’t find in most neck and décolleté creams is the Clarins’ Anti-Pollution Complex.
This is a special formula consisting of plant-based ingredients that protect your skin against industrial pollution, car exhaust and cigarette smoke.
All these are things that are almost impossible to avoid when you are out and about, and even when you are at home.
The anti-pollution complex keeps these pollutants from coming into contact with your skin. You can read more about it here. (https://www.clarins.co.uk/anti-pollution-skincare.html)
Clarins recommends applying the cream in the morning or evening, or both times. It’s safe for all skin types.
What we like about it:
- One of the most effective anti-aging neck and décolleté creams.
- Plenty of plant-based ingredients.
- Anti-pollution protection.
3. NeoStrata Skin Active Triple Firming Neck Cream, 80g
The ‘Triple’ name comes from the three main ingredients in the NesoStrata neck cream.
- NeoGlucosamine: This is a patented non-acid moisturizer and exfoliator. It’s a building block of hyaluronic acid, one of the best moisturizing skincare ingredients. It firms up the skin, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines and evens out skin discolorations.
- NeoCitriate: Also a patented ingredient, NeoCitriate stimulates the production of collagen, which plumps and firms up the skin. This reduces wrinkles and fine lines and gives your skin a more youthful appearance.
- Pro-Amino Acid: This ingredient also helps increase collagen production but in a more indirect way. It stimulates the production of pro-collagen, a precursor to collagen. Pro-collagen is important to skin firmness and elasticity.
In addition to these three powerful ingredients, the NeoStrata Triple firming neck cream has several other components that hydrate, lift and firm up the skin.
The cream itself feels pretty good on the skin, It’s not greasy at all. It massages easily into the skin without leaving an oily sheen.
Most customers also say it smells nice.
What we like about it:
- A highly effective anti-aging neck cream- reduces skin sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and uneven spots.
- Easily absorbs into the skin.
4. Simon & Tom Premium Lift Neckline Firming Cream, 100ml
If you are looking for a budget neck firming cream, we recommend this 100ml bottle from Simon & Tom.
It has about twice the amount of cream as the other bottles and costs way less. Does that mean it is less effective or works slower?
Not so according to a majority of customer reviews.
Users are not so sure about the firming but most have definitely noticed fewer wrinkles and a smoother neck.
The results won’t be as quick or as apparent as with pricier creams but they are there. You just need to apply religiously in the evening and morning.
According to the manufacture, the cream improves skin elasticity, increases firmness and reduces sagging skin around the neck.
If you have a turkey neck forming or crepe skin, this cream will help.
It also contains Argan oil to hydrate the skin. This smoothens and softens the skin while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Looking at the ingredient list, the Simon & Tom cream has a decent selection of plant-based ingredients including wheat protein, soy protein and Argan oil.
We still advice caution for those with sensitive skin. Do a skin patch test before applying the cream on a larger area.
Overall, the Simon & Tom cream is good value for your money.
What we like about it:
- Smooth, easily-absorbable and non-greasy.
- Comes in a larger bottle than most neck firming creams.
5. Gatineau Defi Lift 3D Firming neck and Décolleté Gel Duo Pack
This is another good value neck cream. The price tag is higher than our other picks but it’s for two tubes, 50ml each.
The price per tube is actually quite affordable.
The cream does all the usual stuff: firms up the skin, reduces wrinkles and fine lines and leaves your skin smoother and softer.
It uses a combination of ingredients including vitamins and oils that increase collagen production, hydrate the skin and improve skin regeneration.
Some of those ingredients – specifically, Allantoin, vitamin E and vitamin F – form a protective barrier on the skin to keep out pollution.
Customer feedback is mostly active. Most users noticed tighter skin and fewer wrinkles within a few days of daily application.
The cream has a soothing non-greasy texture that absorbs easily into the skin.
What we like about it:
- Good value for money – comes as a duo pack.
- Lasts longer than other creams (100ml total volume).
- Noticeable anti-aging results.